Old Drum

Commentary on Warrensburg, Johnson County and Missouri issues from a Libertarian perspective. View my earlier commentary at www.olddrum.net.

Friday, July 28, 2006

All the News follow-up

Kudos to digitalBurg.com for investigating the Scully case dispute in detail. The article provides a lot of background information. I do not see why the Daily Star Journal could not have conducted a similar in-depth reporting and saved themselves a lot of criticism.

Well, actually, I do. They,like most print news, are understaffed in the reportage department, and there's a lot of local activity to cover. It's too bad that there is no way for the regular citizen to access the agendas and minutes of the dozens of committees, boards and other organizations subject to the Sunshine Law.

In Liberty

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 6:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "understaffed" in my opinion is no reason to deliberately hide a side of a story. I, unlike you, no longer suscribe to the DSJ due to it's liberal slant and extremely biased journalism. "understaffed" just leads to another eye roll on my part, not an understanding of their incompetence.

     
  • At Friday, July 28, 2006 1:08:00 PM, Blogger Bill Wayne said…

    If I didn't read the DSJ, how would I know what to comment on? It's a shame that the Free Press failed, since that served as a nice counterbalance and welcomed writers of various persuasions.

    BW

     

Post a Comment

<< Home