Old Drum

Commentary on Warrensburg, Johnson County and Missouri issues from a Libertarian perspective. View my earlier commentary at www.olddrum.net.

Friday, December 05, 2008

Zoning update #6

The public meetings are upon us, starting Monday AM. See Olddrum.net for the schedule. I've also posted the most recent versions of the zoning rules and county plan, as well as adding a page about zoning horror stories (additional stories are welcome).

The zoning chair & vice-chair will be on KOKO magazine Monday A.M., probably starting at 8:30, to promote the meeting.

A few FAQ's on this plan:
+ The zoning commission is to be elected.
+ Agricultural activities are completely unregulated (including megafarms - the state "takes care" of that).
+ If you have more than 8 dogs and/or cats other than pets or hunting dogs & are selling them, you're a kennel and that's not Ag, that's commercial.

More later.

3 Comments:

  • At Saturday, December 13, 2008 1:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Bill,

    I had a chance to read the "Draft, Comprehensive Planning & Zoning" proposal. Frankly it doesn't seem exactly like what they set out to do. I can tell by reading it that a lot of the members of the "temporary committee" are not engaged in either real estate, construction, business or urban planning. If they had they would have realized that they have a great deal of objectionable parts to what they came up with.
    In my opinion they will not be able to present a formal proposal to the county commission in time for it to make the April 2009 general election. If I was a commissioner and they presented this proposal to me, I would have to vote against it going on the ballot.
    Kevin/mobluegraysoldier

     
  • At Saturday, December 13, 2008 1:56:00 PM, Blogger Bill Wayne said…

    Kevin - You are correct, no developers/real estate agents/construction contractors on the commission. Mostly farmers who are most interested in protecting farming interests. Any specifics you can provide will be very helpful.

    BW

     
  • At Saturday, December 20, 2008 7:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bill,

    I will be sending a letter to the committee, the County Commission, the Warrensburg Daily Star Journal and to you. Right now I am up to page 4 and point 13 or 14, and I'm still not done! I couldn't make it in time for the public meeting that was held this past week. Hopefully my comments will make a difference, but like so many other things in life and politics I have become used to not getting much done when it comes to committees. (Too many "Chiefs" and not enough "Indians"!)

    Kevin, mobluegraysoldier

     

Post a Comment

<< Home